Setting a table is almost a science and it can be confusing. With the idea in mind of making things easy for you, we have put together this tips’ guide for the perfect table setting.
Enjoy it and let us know what you think about it!
1) START WITH THE PLATES. The first thing that you should put on the table are the dinner plates. Think about them as your guide. Make sure that they are far enough apart to provide your guests sufficient elbowroom -about 2 feet apart from plate center to plate center.
Once your plates are set, you can use them to balance the rest of your place settings.
REGALIA’S TIP : always keep in mind that place settings should be evenly spaced and flatware should be balanced.
2) CUPS AND GLASSES. Cups and glasses go on the right side of the plate. No more than four glasses should be set on the table, in order of use, for water, white wine, red wine and champagne, from the left to the right.
3) BREAD AND SALAD PLATES. Bread and salad plates go to the left. The bread plate has a knife placed across the top of the plate, handle to the right, edge of blade toward the user.
4) FORKS, SPOONS & KNIVES. Forks should be placed to the left of the plate, knives and spoons to the right. Always place knives with their cutting edge towards the plate. If possible, remove the used utensils after each course.
REGALIA’S TIP : place silverware in the order of its use, from the outside in, first course to main course.
5) NAPKINS. If the first course is already on the place plate, the napkin is placed to the left of the forks, otherwise the napkin should be on the plate.
REGALIA’S TIP : dress up your place settings with napkin rings, add personalized place cards, or a small favor for each guest.
At Regalia we like to makes things easy and we hope that this simple, yet detailed guide will answer all your questions.
Xo from Regalia.